Thank you to all my friends and family for your support!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time to hit the lake!

Today I had a pretty strong swim...with one problem. Our apartment pool is way too small! At one point I was dodging splashing kids and hooked my arm around the ladder handle.

The good? I can bilaterally breathe now and have learned to relax in the water. My stroke is stronger and smoother than before. My cardio endurance has dramatically increased, although swimming is still challenging.

I feel okay in the water, but need more work. I think a coach is in order, and a bigger area to flap around in!

5 comments:

  1. Careful trying to swim around the kiddies in the pool! We can't have you getting hurt. (notice I'm not worried about the kiddies in the pool..haha)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your training is going well...minus a few near misses at the pool. Cant wait to meet you and the family when you are here for the race. Keep up the great work and I hope to check the blog a little more often.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Brian!
    I wish you the best!
    I know you can do it because sheer will runs deep in or veins.I haven't seen a Dietrich yet that backs down from a challenge.You have an Aunt that will be silently cheering you on, and sending you encouragement.I'm proud of you!
    Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO BRI !!!!! I know you will be great !!! Can't wait to see you in Aug. !!! Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hard work will pay off in the end. Keep it up! If you throw a tootsie roll into the pool you might get it all to yourself! lol
    See you soon :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete