Thank you to all my friends and family for your support!

Friday, January 8, 2010

A beautiful run...

Today's run was down a winding, snow-covered dirt road flanked by a frozen marsh and a dense forest of pine and spruce. The air was perfect, and a few flakes of snow fell, as if they were the remaining flakes falling from a recently turned off snow machine perched above. I kicked up a small deer that ran across the road about 50 feet in front of me. The snow created a beach-like affect, and gave me an even better workout. The dark trees that arched over the road were lightly dusted with snow, and I passed a pitch black creek with snow capped pebbles within it. It was as if I were running through an Ansel Adams picture.

Yesterday: Found a pool at Tunkhannock High School about 30 minutes away. Felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment